Recent Advances in Polyphenol Research Volume 2 by Celestino Santos-Buelga, Maria Teresa Escribano-Bailon,
By Celestino Santos-Buelga, Maria Teresa Escribano-Bailon, Vincenzo Lattanzio
Recent Advances in Polyphenol Research
Edited by means of Santos-Buelga, Escribano-Bailon and Lattanzio
Plant phenolics are secondary metabolites that represent some of the most universal and common teams of drugs in vegetation. Polyphenols have a wide and numerous array of invaluable results on either vegetation and animals. for instance they're well-known as antioxidants, hormones, elements of crucial oils and typical neurotransmitters.
Sponsored through Groupe Polyphenols, this booklet, that is the second one quantity during this ground-breaking sequence, is edited by means of Celestino Santos-Buelga, Maria Teresa Escribano-Bailon, and Vincenzo Lattanzio, who've drawn jointly a powerful checklist of across the world revered authors, each one supplying leading edge chapters protecting many of the significant issues of contemporary examine and interest.
Information integrated during this very important new addition to the sequence contain the next areas:
• Flavonoid chemistry of the leguminosae
• Chemistry and organic job of ellagitannins
• Chemistry and serve as of anthocyanins in plants
• An replace of chemical pathways resulting in new phenolic pigments in the course of wine ageing
• Metabolic engineering of the flavonoid pathway
• the interpretation of chemical homes of polyphenols into organic job with affects in human health
• Plant phenolic compounds controlling leaf movement
• organic task of phenolics in plants
Chemists, biochemists, plant scientists, pharmacognosists and pharmacologists, nutrition scientists and nutritionists will all locate this ebook a useful source. Libraries in all universities and study institutions the place those matters are studied and taught must have copies on their cabinets.